This page provides access to the P_SERVER software
You will find
- Collaboration Agreement:
- P_SERVER is not an integral part of EPICS. In order to use it, your
institution will have to sign a contract of collaboration with
BESSY. (Which looks a lot like the EPICS contract.) Please contact
Joachim Rahn for further
- Target System:
- P_SERVER runs on the i386EX embedded controller board manufactured by
FS-Forth Systeme (Breisach, Germany). It controls up to nine
ADA16(14)-IO8 or IO32 cards manufactured by EuKontroll (Berlin, Germany)
and supports single card operation as well as ISA96 based systems.
- Host System:
- P_SERVER is designed to be used with the
package developed at BESSY. Additionally the P_SERVER shares the protocol
implementation code. As MultiCAN uses a subset of the CAL layer 7
protocol, operating the P_SERVER with other control systems should be
- Revision 2.83ps (1MBit/s)
(02 Apr 2004; 385KB zip archive): P_SERVER sources
- Available revisions:
- 2.41ps (1MBit/s)
- 2.43ps (1MBit/s)
- 2.51ps (1MBit/s)
- 2.60ps (1MBit/s)
- 2.74ps (1MBit/s)
- 2.81ps (1MBit/s)
- 2.41 -> 2.43
- Added variables to disable the ADA16 in- and outputs.
- 2.43 -> 2.51
- Supports dCANal protocol to download arbitrary length data. Sends
warm-/coldboot info on startup.
- 2.51 -> 2.60
- Bugfix: uses new revision of bessy_io.lib. Older versions could
cause I/O-read errors of ADA16-registers.
- 2.60 -> 2.74
- Bugfixes, ADA2x16 support, new RS232 commands.
- 2.74 -> 2.81
- Bugfixes, IO32_2 support.
- 2.81 -> 2.83
- Added cyclic readback of digital output ports.
Mailing list for announcements
Is still to be set up. Contact Ralph
Lange to increase this task's priority.